Chevron Alumni is a networking website hosted and managed by Alumni Consulting Services ("ACS"). Membership in this online community is open to former employees of Chevron and its legacy companies. Unless otherwise indicated, ACS is not affiliated in any way with any Employer or sponsoring organization. Certain areas are secure and only registered users with a valid password may access them.
2. Content & Monitoring
To enrich the Chevron Alumni community, we may keep track of member activity during visits, and we require that such activity does not misuse the site. In support of this:
• We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the community. We do not disclose personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc., to any outside parties other than Chevron, except with your permission or as required by law.
• ACS reserves the right to inspect all traffic on the Chevron alumni community and routinely monitors traffic. At our absolute discretion, we will remove/alter any emails/messages/site content which we consider unacceptable. ACS will not be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising out of the authorized or legally required disclosure of information to third parties.
• You may not create any emails/messages/site content which could be illegal or harmful/offensive to others. You may not use the site to transmit any unsolicited advertising, "junk mail", "spam", or "chain letters". In case of any doubt, advice may be sought from the website host.
3. Membership Eligibility
ACS reserves the right to modify, remove or refuse membership at its discretion. By joining Chevron alumni or indicating interest in the Chevron Alumni Hiring program, you agree that you are not
• logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
• accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
• attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
• tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
• transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer's functionality or the operation of the site.
The Chevron Alumni website offers eligible individuals the option of uploading a resume or a GO-40-02 into the database.
• To be considered for contract work, Chevron Alumni members must indicate an interest in Bridges and are required to upload a resume to the site. Complete instructions for how to do this can be obtained by logging on or emailing us. To comply with privacy protection policies, resumes should not contain any private personal data including, but not limited to, date of birth and social security numbers, nor any payroll information.
• Any resumes uploaded are stored in the Chevron Alumni database. We use our best efforts to grant access to this database only to designated Chevron managers and to contracted third party vendors. However, we are not responsible if some other third party, such as someone posing as the aforementioned, evades security measures and gains access to the database, and, subsequently, your resume.
• You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, Chevron managers may have previously retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. ACS is not responsible for the retention, or use, of resumes in these instances.
5. Limitation of Liability
While ACS attempts to ensure the eligibility of its members prior to their access, ACS makes no guarantees to the accuracy or the validity of the information posted by its members on the Chevron alumni community website. Under no circumstances will ACS be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss arising out of or related in any way to any information or advertising posted on the website by members, recruiters, employers, or any other party.
Membership to the Chevron Alumni website is free.
All content on the Chevron Alumni website is copyrighted by ACS and remains the exclusive property of AWS. All information placed on the Chevron Alumni website by members and employers becomes the property of ACS and Chevron USA Inc. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible through the site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, advice may be sought.
8. Service Marks
Alumni In Touch, Who’s Doing What? And Reunion Hall are all service marks of ACS.